I converted because I love Islam, not to please anyone - Akuapem Poloo.

Actress Akuapem Poloo claims she is committed to Islam despite concerns expressed about her conversion to the faith.

She claims that neither she nor anybody coerced her to convert to Islam, nor is she doing this to garner attention or make an impression.


The actress said in a video that was uploaded to her YouTube profile that she will continue to go by both Rosemond Alade Brown and her new name.


She will continue to go by the moniker "Sexy Poloo," as she will continue to dress sensually despite covering up as Islam mandates of women.

"My nine-year-old son is a Muslim. I should be able to demonstrate my expertise to you given that I became pregnant for a Muslim guy in 2012 and gave birth to a child in 2013. I have always loved Islam, therefore I don't need to win over people; I simply need to win over Allah, stated Akuapem Poloo.


"I can still use my entire name on social media, but I can just put my Muslim name to it," she continued, referring to the mallam who assisted her in her conversion. Sexy Poloo is still in my possession. I may disguise myself with clothing, but I am still seductive.


This comes after Akuapem Poloo's announcement of a shift in religious allegiance caught her social media followers off guard.


The actress announced her conversion from Christianity to Islam on her Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChIDXNpjhKQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Akuapem Poloo's post included images of her with people who appeared to have assisted her on her travels.


Akuapem Poloo claimed that since making her announcement, she has received nonstop calls from relatives and friends who have either questioned her choice or have inquired more.


She urged people to refrain from criticizing her and her posts after becoming a Christian.


She clarified that she is still learning about the faith and has not yet acquired a complete understanding of Muslim customs.

Post a Comment

0 Comments